You need to detox. It’s something we’ve all probably heard at least once in our lives. More often than not, it’s from friends who lament over the latest detox fad they tried, and how it didn’t work. Or they want to tell you about the wonders of absolutely horrendous tasting wheatgrass shots. There are many cure-alls and recommended supplements and concoctions for a ‘natural detox’. Here are 10 signs that you need to detox, and how to do it.
But before you can try to detox your body, you have to understand what detox is, and why you need it. To do that, you need to understand your body’s natural detoxing process.
How does your body get rid of toxins?
You may not know it, but your body comes built in with one of the most advanced filtration and detoxification systems in existence. Your stomach, kidneys, liver, spleen, pancreas – they all work very hard to make sure that nutrients get into your blood, while keeping all the poisonous things out. Once they’ve made sure everything is broken down properly, and separated the good from the bad, your skin (sweat), colon, and urine all serve to remove those toxins from your body.
It’s a highly sophisticated, and tricky process. If anything goes wrong at any point, you can end up feeling sick, nauseous, bloated, experience diarrhea, or even end up in the hospital.
So, the question is…
If my body has a detox system, why do I need to detox?
Like any advanced system, regular maintenance is a must. Even when everything is running smoothly, it’s good practice to give all the parts a once over, and make sure they’re well oiled and ready to go. Other times, overworking the systems can result in build up and backlog. This can even cause the entire process to break down completely.
It’s the same with our detoxification system. Junk food we eat, lack of exercise, coffee, drugs and stress all have an effect. In fact, with just the amount of toxins that can be found in all our food, water and air, our systems are constantly being pushed to the limit. These vital organs just work too hard, and if something isn’t done to take the pressure off, they can fail. But before that happens, your body will give you signs that you need to detox.
That’s not a bad thing. You can help your organs and give them a break by doing a proper detox. There are a lot of other benefits too, including:
- Prevention of chronic diseases
- Stronger immunity
- Assistance in losing stagnant weight
- Improved quality of life
- Increased energy
- Radiant, glowing skin
- Bright, clear eyes
- Mental clarity
- Balanced emotions
- Improved self-confidence and empowerment
- New healthy habits and routines
- Improved longevity
10 Signs that you need to Detox:
If your body is suffering from an overload of toxins, it will give you signs that you need to detox. Because these signs are common, a lot of people tend to ‘misdiagnose’ themselves, or just brush it off as an isolated incident. But if it’s time for a detox, you can be sure that your body will start kicking up a fuss!
Here are ten signs that your body will give you if it’s time to get things cleaned out:
- You constantly feel fatigued, stressed and overwhelmed;
- Experience frequent headaches and/or lack of mental clarity;
- Often have skin breakouts and blemishes and/or a tired, dull and lack-luster complexion;
- Seem to pick up colds, flus, bugs and viruses easily and are often on medication;
- Digestion is troublesome, uncomfortable and irregular;
- You slip into making less-healthy food choices and often have fried foods, processed meat, dairy, gluten, processed foods, refined sugar or fast food;
- Frequently have coffee, alcohol, drugs (prescription or otherwise) or cigarettes, or you are exposed to common environmental toxins such as carbon emissions, cigarette smoke, herbicides, pesticides, artificial fragrances and household chemicals;
- You are carrying excess body weight;
- You often feel emotionally unstable, depressed, unmotivated and lacking energy and enthusiasm for life;
- Your breath and BO seem to have an alarming stink, no matter how much deodorant or toothpaste you use;
Doing a Natural Detox with Ozone
When you think detox, you’re probably still stuck on the diet element of the process. But, like we mentioned earlier, your skin also plays a part in the detoxifying process. When you sweat, a lot of harmful toxins are secreted from your skin, helping your body detox.
But where does the ozone come in?
Ozone is also called ‘supercharged oxygen’, and as we all know, oxygen is vital for our cells to thrive. Viruses, bacteria, and other toxins, however, need an absence of oxygen. Detoxing with ozone therapy has a boosting effect on more than just one system; it boosts your immune, nervous, cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, and many other systems as well.
Within a 30-minute session, we simulate a ‘fever’ in your body. Just like your body does naturally when you’re sick, you start sweating as your body tries to get rid of the ‘illness’. In this case, we’re getting rid of those horrible toxins, and flooding your system with those supercharged oxygen particles. The best part is that, by sweating out these toxins, your liver, kidneys and intestines are bypassed – basically giving your system the much-needed rest it needs.
Do you need a detox session, or do you suspect you need a detox? Book a consultation with us, and we can get you prepared for your detoxification therapy cycle! You can reach us via our contact page, e-mail us directly at email@example.com, or call +27 82 322 5911.