Most of us love muffins! They make an excellent breakfast, and can be a great snack during the day. If you’re trying to live a little healthier, our Apple and Oats muffins are a great way to keep the hunger pains at bay during the day. At the same time, you get to stick to a healthier snack!
- 1 cup (150g) Self-raising flour
- 1 cup (150g) Plain flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 3/4 cup tightly packed Brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Rolled oats, plus 1 tablespoon extra
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) Vanilla yoghurt, at room temperature
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 100ml Olive oil
- 1 red or green skinned Apple, chopped into small cubes.
Method: Making Apple and Oats Muffins:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Grease your muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together self-raising flour, plain flour and baking powder.
- Stir in the sugar, apple and oats.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the yogurt, eggs and oil.
- Add the yogurt mixture to the flour, combine. Do not over mix.
- Divide the mixture evenly into the muffin pans.
- Sprinkle with extra oats and bake for about 25 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oven, and cool in the pan for 5 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack.
- Serve warm or store to be heated up later.