Your Brain Wants Caffeine! As funny as that sounds and as an avid coffee drinker I cannot imagine starting my day without a nice hot cup of java. But every now and again the ever debated topic about the health effects of coffee comes up, and if coffee cravings are good for you.
Caffeine in coffee is bad for your health. At least, that’s what most people and would like us to be believe. Recent studies however have show that coffee/ caffeine consumed in moderation can actually be good for you and why your brain wants caffeine. Are you curious yet? Then check out the InfoGraphic below for the 13 Reasons why your Brain Craves Coffee.
A Few Health Benefits Of Coffee:
- Coffee can improve energy levels and even make you smarter. Caffeine is a stimulant which boosts your energy levels. When absorbed into your blood stream it travels to your brain where the caffeine blocks inhibitory neurotransmitter called Adenosine. Then, by blocking these transmitters, transmitters like norepinephrine and dopamine actually increase which leads to enhanced firing of neurons. Thus studies have confirmed that by consuming appropriate amounts of caffeine you can improve your memory, mood, vigilance, general cognitive function, reaction time and energy levels.
- Coffee helps to burn fat. Most fat burning supplements actually contain caffeine. In fact, studies have shown that caffeine can boost your metabolic rate by 3-11%. Unfortunately, it is however possible that these effects can decrease with long-term caffeine consumption.
- Caffeine can drastically improve your physical performance. It increases adrenaline levels by releasing fatty acids from fat tissues. It is a good idea to drink a strong cup of coffee about 30 minutes before hitting the gym.
- Coffee is jam packed with nutrients. These include Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5), Manganese, Potassium, Magnesium and Niacin
And A Few More To Justify Your Coffee Cravings:
- Coffee may help to prevent Alzheimer’s disease. Unfortunately there is no cure for Alzheimer’s disease, but we sure can do our part to prevent it. It is important that we exercise regularly, eat healthy and now several studies have show, drinking coffee can lower your risk of getting Alzheimer’s disease by up to 65%.
- Coffee may help prevent Parkinson’s disease. Parkinson’s is the second most common neurodegenerative disease, right after Alzheimer’s which is the first. Parkinson’s is caused by the decrease of dopamine-generating neurons in the brain. Coffee drinkers are up to 60% less likely to develop the disease.
- Coffee makes you happier. A Harvard study conducted in 2011, showed that women who drank 4 cups of coffee per day had a 20% lower risk of depression. Another study was conducted with over 200, 000 people. It showed that, by drinking 4 cups of coffee per day, chances of committing suicide was decreased by 53%!
- Coffee contains high levels of anti-oxidants. Studies have shown that people get more antioxidants from coffee than both fruit and vegetables combined.
It Is Okay To Have Coffee Cravings!
There you have it proof that your brain wants caffeine! To help boost the benefits of coffee, why not opt for Ozone Therapy? During one 30 minute Ozone Therapy session, you can burn up to 500 calories. Ozone Therapy also helps boost your immune system, fight disease, kill viruses and bacteria in the body and can help fight stress, depression, anxiety, insomnia, Alzheimer’s, Liver disease and memory loss to name a few.
Please feel free to contact us for more information regarding Ozone Therapy:
+27 (0) 82 322 5911