Everyone knows that laughter is the best medicine – but did you know it can help for weight-loss? Slimming down is difficult to begin with, and sometimes we just need to laugh at it all! These funny diet tips and quotes will get you to do just that.
The results of the initial research of the effects of laughter on slimming down showed that 15 – 20 minutes of good laugh will help burn 10 – 40 calories per day which translates to up to about 2kg’s per year. Not much, but every little bit helps.
Laughter won’t suppress your appetite. However, it influences various hormones and feel good chemicals in our body. This relieves stress, boosts your overall mood and it even relieves pain. In addition when we laugh different muscles have to work and that helps to get rid of the unwanted fat and inches.
Now it’s time for a laugh. All the funny diet tips and quotes below come from various sources, and we’ll include the author where known.
25 Diet Tips to make you Laugh
- If you work at home…. walking to work should not be considered as daily exercise. – Larry Wentz
- When eating donuts – only eat the center part!
- A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand.
- If your dog is fat, you’re not getting enough exercise.
- Tobacco is a green, leafy plant…but a cigarette does not count as a salad. – Randy Glasbergen
- Forget Liposuction – Try Lip Obstruction! – Larry Wentz
- Eat as much as you want – just don’t swallow it. – Steve Burns
- Practice safe eating. — always use condiments
- You know it’s time to cut down on calories when you step on the scale and the readout says, “One at a time, please!” Anonymous
- Once you lick the frosting of a cupcake it becomes a muffin and muffins are healthy.
- A chocolate brownie looks like a giant crouton, so it’s almost a salad. – Randy Glasbergen
- Make all your friends cupcakes; the fatter they get, the thinner you’ll look.
- You will lose weight on this strict diet, but it is mostly water…from crying. – Randy Glasbergen
- When you eat standing, it does not count. – Beth Barnes
- Pharmacist: Take a few capsules each morning before you weigh yourself. They are filled with helium. – Randy Glassbergen
- Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside. – Mark Twain
- Never eat more than you can lift. – Miss Piggy
- My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four…Unless there are three other people. – Orson Welles
- Thank you for calling the Weight Loss Hotline. If you’d like to lose half a pound right now, press 1…18,000 times. – Randy Glasbergen
- I really think that tossing and turning at night should be considered as exercise.
- You can’t lose weight by talking about it. You have to keep your mouth shut.
- One meal a day is enough for a lion and would be for all of us if all we did all day was swat flies. – Erma Bombeck
- A golfer’s diet: live on greens as much as possible. – Unknown
- When I buy cookies I eat just four and throw the rest away. But first I spray them with Raid so I won’t dig them out of the garbage later. Be careful, though, because that Raid really does not taste that bad. – Janette Barber
- The only way to lose weight is to check it as airline baggage. – Peggy Ryan
We all need to laugh a little sometimes. If you’re ready to shed those last few kilograms for real, call us on 082 322 5911 or message us!