Taste summer with this Peach and Ham salad. Perfect for that friends or family gathering. It has an explosion of flavor, healthy and very easy to make. To compliment the salad, I recommend serving it with warm crusty bread and a garlic-flavored low-fat spread. (Mouth-watering!)
What Ingredients do I Need?
First, we will start preparing the basil vinaigrette then our peach and ham salad.
For the Basil Vinaigrette you will need:
- 75 ml Basil (Finely Chopped)
- 20 ml Mild American Mustard
- 30 ml yellow mustard seeds (Optional)
- 30 ml Balsamic or Red Wine Vinegar
- 15 ml Honey
- 125ml Peach / Apricot / Mango Juice
- 75 ml Olive Oil
Combine all ingredients but leave the oil, this comes in a bit. After thoroughly combining the ingredients, take the olive oil and slowly whisk the oil until the mixture thickens. Leave to chill for a bit, we’ll get back to it.
For the Peach and Ham Salad you will need:
- Onion (Cut into strips)
- Pack Mixed Herb and Lettuce Leaves
- Medium Butter Lettuce (Broken into pieces)
- Bunch Spring Onions (Cut into strips)
- 400 g Mixed Ham Slices (Gypsy Ham, Black Forrest Ham and Rolled Kasseler) cut into strips
- 1 x 410 g Can Peach Slices (Make sure to drain the syrup)
- 6 Dill Cucumbers (Thinly sliced length ways to garnish whole basil leaves
Final touches before serving
Grab a platter big enough to serve 4 to 6 people. Got it? Great! Line the platter with your salad leaves and scatter the mixed slices of ham along with the onion strips. Now tuck in the peach slices (like you would tuck them into a salad bed) and dot with the dill cucumbers. Garnish and serve immediately with the vinaigrette dressing and enjoy!
After you tried this recipe, please leave a comment and let us know what your thoughts are.
Until next time! Stay Healthy!