Green Club Sandwich
This sandwich is packed full of goodness. When it comes to a healthy lunch snack for work, it will keep you going until dinner!
What You Need:
- 3 slices wholegrain or rye toast
- 3 tablespoons ready-made hummus
- 1 small avocado (100g), stoned and sliced
- 1 handful rocket leaves
- 8-12 cherry tomatoes, sliced
Step 1: Toast the bread. (simple enough)
spread hummus evenly on one side of each toast slice. As for the other slice of
bread, it’s time to layer our Green Club Sandwich. First, lay half the avocado,
rocket and tomato and season with pepper, then cover with another slice.
Step 2: Lay the rest of your avocado, rocket and tomato. Season with pepper again and top with the third slice.
Lentil Rice Salad With Beetroot & Feta Dressing
By choosing high-fiber brown rice you can feel satisfied all afternoon, with no more tummy rumbles till dinner time. This good for you dish has a healthy dose of fiber and folate to keep you going. It’s quick and easy when you have ready cooked rice. Everything you need for a healthy lunch at work!
What You Need:
- 2 beetroot “balls” (not sure about the correct term), peeled and cut into wedges
- 100g baby carrot
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- A small bunch of mint; pick a few leaves, and chop the rest
- pinch of sugar
- 250g cooked basmati rice
- 400g cooked green lentils, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons hazelnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- In a pan of boiling water, add the beetroots and cook for 5-6 mins until just tender, but still with a bite; I recommend adding the carrots for the final 2 minutes. Put the vinegar, mustard, olive oil, chopped mint and sugar and whisk it together, and season.
- Put the rice and lentils in a bowl.
- Add the beetroot and carrots
- Pour over your home-made dressing and toss to combine everything.
- Put it on a serving plate and sprinkle over the hazelnuts, feta and mint leaves and serve.
Broccoli And Pasta Salad With Eggs & Sunflower Seeds
Pasta is a portable lunch staple and is equally delicious served cold in a pasta salad or quickly reheated in a convection oven. Pack in protein, carbohydrates and vitamins with this broccoli, pasta and egg dish. It’s a healthy vegetarian lunch to keep you going on a busy afternoon.
What You Need:
- 2 large eggs
- 75g whole wheat penne
- 160g broccoli florets
- 160g fine beans, trimmed and halved
- tablespoon white miso paste
- teaspoon grated ginger
- tablespoon rapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- Hard-boil the eggs for 8 mins, then shell and halve. While you wait for the eggs, boil the pasta for 5 mins, add the broccoli and beans, and cook 5 mins more or until everything is tender.
- Drain the excess water and tip the pasta and veg into a bowl. Now, stir in the miso, ginger, oil and 4 tbsp pasta water. Serve topped with the eggs and seeds.
I would love to hear your feedback after trying out these recipes. Leave a comment and give me your verdict.